The Director of Curriculum and Instruction (DCI) will be responsible for providing the leadership, guidance and supervision of Curriculum and Instruction to sustain high levels of student performance. The DCI will work collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure that school performance standards exceed all city and statewide requirements that are aligned with our Charter’s academic goals. The DCI will also work collaboratively with the CEO to ensure that a school culture is developed that supports high academic expectations. Interviews will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Specifically the Director will:
- Work collaboratively with the CEO to create an effective learning environment and ensure full alignment of ILCS external and internal instructional goals and benchmarks.
- Provide leadership in the formulation and annual adjustment of the school’s 9-12 instructional programs.
- Provide instructional leadership in advancing proven teaching and learning principles.
- Continuously monitor all student achievement and ensure effective instructional support.
- Monitor, manage and facilitate the analysis of student achievement data and problem solving necessary to achieve continuous improvement.
- Select, approve and order all educational and assessment materials.
- Demonstrate the ability to model and apply a variety of instructional strategies/methods to classroom practices.
- Support Teacher/Facilitators in using standards driven curriculum practices.
- Develop standards and assessments for the evaluation of student performance.
- Supervise and oversee the supervision of all Special Education Services provided to students with an IEP or students who are in need of educational interventions.
The qualifications needed for this role include certification in school administration and supervision with a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in an urban environment. A demonstrated understanding of curriculum development experience and the New York State Regents standards in all high school subject areas. The DCI will also be knowledgeable in the area of differentiated instruction, the instructional needs of special needs students and an in depth understanding of native language instruction and second language acquisition. Please visit our website at www.ilchs.org Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.